Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What is with the pink?

Ok so those that know me would be just a tad suprised to find me on a PINK blog page! It is not like I don't have my fair share of serious curves, some more likened to that found on rather large sea creatures currently under attack from the Japanese. I guess it just that I'm not your girlie girl.

Why is it that we have this ideal or girlie girl, or not girlie girl? If you are a girlie girl, you must be an airhead whose biggest decision in life is what colour to have your foils, or what little stick on delight to put on your acrylic nails this week. If you are not a girlie girl, then you are somehow a tomboy, a non-deserving member of the female community. " A little rough around the edges" those dear old ladies would say with that smiling under protest grimace pasted on to their faces, "hmm is she married then?" would be the next question.

How liberating it is not to be the girlie girl! People have no clue about what makes you tick and, more often than not, you are a complete mystery to them.

"What you don't wear make up during the day?"
"no thanks but I can't be knacked putting it on, let alone taking it all off again at the end of the day"

You mean you can really be ready to go out in less than half an hour?
"How long does it take to throw on a pair of jeans, a wincheater and madly run a brush through the hair while running out the door?"

And if you mention that karate is your sport of choice - well it is all over! Why would a "more mature woman" (aka old bag mother of 2) want to do karate? I tell you, they don't know what they are missing. Where else can we girls, get hot and sweaty, shout and yell and people don't even bat an eye lid, let alone wonder if perhaps we are having some kind of pre-menopausal melt down?

So here's to all those girls that are really happy in their own skin with who they are, with no need to fit some consumer driven stereotype designed by some high flying CEO on a quest for their next quintillion! What an awesome place to be, where you are just you, and people can either like you or bugger off and talk to someone who cares.

So a pertinent or a pointless meandering - you decide

1 comment:

Kath Lockett said...

Definitely PERTINENT in my humble opinion. I agree with you re make up (I just look like a big baby with it on, according to Love Chunks) and if my hair takes longer than 30 seconds I've lost interest 20 seconds earlier.

I've bookmarked your blog now!

As for karate, you're my hero/oine - I haven't heard you fart out loud once, and that's something you sure as hell can't say about me...*sigh*